I'm a lighting artist currently at Hardsuit Labs working on "Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2". I've had a love for creating game worlds ever since I began building mods in Morrowind and Neverwinter Nights as a kid. I'm constantly looking for new challenges to continue to grow as an artist, learn new tools, and foster collaborative and supportive team environments.
At Hardsuit Labs, I've been working on the title "Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2." I transitioned from a lighting artist position to the cinematics lead position in 2019, where my responsibilities currently include:
- Leading multi-discipline internal cinematics team, as well as overseeing our external partner studio that assisted in the creation of cinematics.
- Directing and planning in game cinematics, and coordinating with other studio departments with an emphasis on collaboration and communication.
- Co-directing mocap sessions with our external partners at Digital Domain and Beyond Capture, offering guidance and feedback to our actors.
- Designing rulesets for dialogue and cinematic camera presentation, and working with our engineering team to build tools for cinematic designers.
At Hardsuit Labs, I've been working on the title "Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2." I transitioned from an environment artist position to a lighting artist position in 2017, where my responsibilities included:
- Worked to light environments, character dialogue scenes, and in-game cinematics.
- Additional tasks included color grading and tuning post effects such as tonemapping, exposure, bloom, reflection environments, and fog.
- Worked closely with our Lighting Lead on both look development and art direction for different areas in the game, and helped design our light blueprint system that made lighting our game more efficient and consistent.
- Profiled lighting performance and optimized lighting to be within our budgets across multiple specs, including current gen consoles and PC.
- Created blueprint tools for environment and character art teams to quickly test albedo luminosity values in our editor.
At Hardsuit Labs, I've been working on the title "Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2." I started on the project as an environment artist, where my responsibilities included:
- Created modular architecture and prop models
- Authored PBR material sets, and created master material shaders that were deployed across the project that supported standard features such as vertex color driven material blending and universal wetness controls.
- Collaborated closely with level designers to create world art and set dress environments.
During my time at Mad Otter Games, I worked on the indie-MMO "Villagers and Heroes" as an 3D Artist. My responsibilities included:
- Modeled and textured modular environment assets, weapons, and player outfits.
- Created ability icons for player UI